Ordinance Awareness Violations
Junk, Litter, Debris
- Unauthorized accumulation of litter in or upon any property, vacant or improved, or in or upon any public or private place is a violation.
- Trash bins must be removed no later than 7 p.m. on the day of collection.
- No trash container may be stored between the street and the front of the premises.
- Note: No paint, tires, batteries, oil, chemicals, hot ashes, or carpet will be picked up by the city of Lebanon. Trash bins are not to be used for any purpose other than trash/garbage. They are not to be used for any other purposes.
- If you have any questions on the proper way to discard any waste matter or materials call 444-0825 Public Works Department
- Only items allowed in yard are: Regular Outdoor Furniture, Regular Outdoor Grill, Toys, Lawnmower, and Outdoor Swimming Pool (enforced per guidelines of Pool Ordinance.None of above items are to be stored in yard, on porches, or under carport. Remove from property or place in a Storage Building. To add: Storage Building, or a Fence, or changes to existing Drive-Way, you must obtain permits from the Building Inspection Dept. first
- No trash bins are to be placed within public right of way earlier than dusk on the day before collection and/or no later than 7 a.m.
Weeds & Grass
- Any growth of grass, weeds, or undergrowth which exceeds the height of 8 inches in residential or 12 inches in commercial/industrial is a violation.
- Stagnant water shall not be allowed to stand without treatment to prevent mosquitoes.
Health & Sanitation
- Unlawful for any premises owned, occupied, or controlled by anyone to become or remain in a filthy condition, or permit the use of occupation of same in such a manner as to create noxious or offensive smells and odors in connection therewith, or to allow the accumulation or creation of unwholesome and offensive matter or the breeding of flies, rodents, or other vermin on the premises to the menace of the public health or the annoyance of people residing within the vicinity.
Health & Safety
- Junkyards/auto graveyards/salvage yards within corporate limits shall be operated and maintained subject to regulations.
- Refrigerators and other similar containers shall not be left unattended Without: Removing Doors and/or sealing door so it cannot be opened by a child
Properties to Be Numbered
- Principal buildings (homes, etc.) abutting public street shall be numbered by the owners. Numbers shall be placed so they shall be easily visible and apparent from the street.
- All garage sales, yard sales, lawn sales and other temporary sales may only take place 3 days of any month. Garage sale signs can only be placed on private property with permission of property owner and cannot be placed on utility poles, street signs, or in public right of way
- No person shall throw or deposit any commercial handbill in or upon any personal property (houses, vehicles, etc.). no type of posting shall be affixed to any lamp post, public utility pole or shade tree.
- Unlicensed, damaged, defective vehicles stored for 90 days or more and is 2 years old or older. Junk Vehicles shall not be parked or stored on any residential, commercial/industrial property or Public ROW for 90 days or more without being moved unless stored in a completely enclosed building.
- No Sign shall be placed on Public Right-Of-Way except as required by appropriate Federal, State, County and City Authorities.
- All signs in public right-of-way may be confiscated immediately. After 30 days these signs will be destroyed. The signs may be picked up at the Code’s Department for a fee of $25 per sign. Banners must be attached to building or canopy and can only be used for 45 days per calendar year. All permanent signs must have a permit.
Public Right of Way
- No landscaping (trees/shrubs, etc.) is permitted in Public Right of Way. If you need assistance in determining the Right-Of-Way on your property, call 444-3647 and ask for Engineering Department.
- Property violating Zoning Regulations
- Trees projecting over streets, obstructions at intersections, projecting signs/awnings/banners, signs across street/alleys/gates/doors opening over streets/alleys/sidewalks,littering streets/alleys/sidewalks,obstruction of drainage ditches/Town Creek/Sinking Creek.
- Swimming Pool - Any constructed or Prefabricated pool used for swimming or bathing 24 inches or more in depth. Private home spas and above ground pools, not exceeding 10 feet in diameter shall not be deemed a swimming pool.
- Both - Public and Private pools must be completely enclosed by a fence with a self closing or latching gate. Fence and gate shall be at least 4 feet in height and constructed of brick, stone, wrought iron, wood, or a minimum number 9 gauge woven wire mesh corrosion resistant material or other similar material. If self latching or closing device on gate is less than 54 inches from the bottom of the gate the device must be inside the fence and at least 3 inches below top. no opening of more than ½ inch in the fence will be allowed less than 18 inches of the release mechanism. Fence posts shall be made of the same material as fence or shall be decay or corrosion resistant and shall be set in concrete bases. There shall be no more than 3 inch opening between ground or deck floor and the bottom of the fence.