If you have an interest in enhancing and beautifying our City or may be interested in more in environmental projects, the Beautification commission welcomes you!
If you are interested in helping with some of the Beautification Projects, please contact:
Patsy Anderson 615-444-3647 ext. 2309 or Pam Black 615-477-8512
- 12:00 PM
- 4th Thursday of every month
- Town Meeting Hall
Duties & Powers
The duties and powers of the commission shall be:
- To study, investigate, develop, and carry out plans for improving the health, sanitation, safety, cleanliness, and aesthetic influences and values of the city by beautifying the streets, highways, alleys, lots, yards, and other similar places in the city
- To aid in the prevention of fires, diseases, and other casualties by the removal and elimination of trash and other debris from the streets, highways, alleys, lots, yards, plots, and other similar places
- To encourage the placing, planting, and preservation of trees, flowers, plants, shrubbery, and other objects of beauty and ornamentation in the city
- To protect song birds and other wild fowl
- To advise with and recommend plans to other agencies of the city for beautification of the city
- To promote public interest in the general improvement of the appearance and aesthetics of the city.
The Commission is divided into (2) Sub-Committees. The Sub-Committees each have their own “focus”, but at the same time will cross over in working together to better the City. Below listed are the (2) sub-committees and some ongoing projects identified.
Environmental Sub-Committee: Chairman, Pam Black
(1) THINK GREEN, THINK CLEAN
(2) Planting of Trees, Rain Gardens/Butterfly Gardens
(3) Clean-up of Creeks, Streams, and areas throughout the City
(4) Assist with Educational projects regarding How to Protect our
Beautification/Enhancement of the City, Chairman Patsy Anderson
(1) Beautify and Enhancement of various
areas throughout the City with landscaping, etc.
(2) Projects involving littering of the City, including
cigarette debris, bottles, paper, etc.
(3) Specific identified areas for beautification and enhancement as well as focusing on solutions of littering such as Public Square, Historic Cabin area,Farmer’s Market and all surrounding areas of the
square such as parking lots, alleys, etc.
(4) Projects recognizing Businesses and Individuals for efforts to beautify and enhance their properties with presentations of Certificates, and Temporary signs placed at properties for 30 days to not only recognize the winners,but to encourage others to take interest and pride in the
beautification and enhancement of their properties.