Metropolitan Planning Organization (Growth projections and traffic forecasts)
In April of 2009, the city consisted of 38.19 square miles. The breakdown of land uses within the city is 50% residential, 32% commercial and industrial and 8% undeveloped open space. The remaining 10% is road rights-of-way.
Based on the city's existing growth boundary, Lebanon could grow to be 92 square miles.
All of the following statistics are based on information provided by the US Census Bureau 2005 - 2007 American Community Survey:
- Approximately 48% of the population is male and 52% is female.
- The median age is 36 years old.
- There are a total of 10,519 housing units in the City of Lebanon.
- 94% of those units are occupied.
- 6% are vacant
- 61% are owner-occupied
- 39% are renter-occupied
- The median value of owner-occupied units is $145,300.
- The median rent for renter-occupied units is $648.
- 70% of the units are 1-unit attached or detached.
- 9% are duplexes.
- 6% consist of 3 or 4 units.
- 5% consist of 5 to 9 units.
- 7% consist of 10 or more units.
- 3% are mobile homes.
- The population of those people 16 years and over is 19,761.
- Of that population, 63% are in the labor force.
- Of those in the labor force, 61% are employed.
- Of those workers 16 years old and over, 87% drive alone to work.
- The mean travel time to work is 23 minutes.
- The median household income is $41,781.
- The median family income is $55,764.
- There are 9,862 households in the City of Lebanon.
- 34% of those households have one or more people under the age of 18 years.
- 24% of those households have one or more people 65 years and over.
- The average household size is 2.34 people.
US Census Bureau 2005 - 2007 American Community Survey
The US Census Bureau 2005 - 2007 American Community Survey provides information about places throughout the United States. To view the narrative for the City of Lebanon, click here.
The Joint Economic and Community Development Board (JECDB)
The Joint Economic and Community Development Board of Wilson County, a governmental economic development agency, is focused on industrial, office, retail and business development in Wilson County. To view a brochure produced by the JECDB with demographic information and projections, click here.
Structures Built by Year
|Year Structure was Built
||Estimated Number of Units
||Percentage of Total units
|2005 or later
|2000 - 2004
|1990 - 1999
|1980 - 1989
|1970 - 1979
|1960 - 1969
|1950 - 1959
|Prior to 1950